A fine and scarce silvered example circa 1888-1901. Crowned star mounted with laurel sprays and Garter, the black velvet centre with Arms of Mancheste. To the base of the sprays, an applied gilt tri-part scroll “THE MANCHESTER REGIMENT” with supplementary scroll beneath “2ND VOLUNTEER BATTALION” . Three loops to reverse.
Originally formed as 6th Lancashire (1st Manchester) Rifle Volunteer Corps in 1859. HQ in Stretford Road, Redesignated 2nd VB in September 1888. Became 6th Battalion in 1908.
Please fill in the information below