A fine rare die-stamped white metal example. Coiled bugle with ‘Bedfordshire Militia’ and coroneted eagle with castle on its breast (taken from the crest of the Beauchamps of Bedford). Two loops to reverse.
Originally raised at Bedford in 1697, reorganised as a regiment 25th February 1760. Title “Light Infantry” used from 1854. Became 3rd Bn. Bedfordshire Regt. on 1.7.1881.
Please fill in the information below